Wednesday, May 8, 2013

down for the count

Yesterday: 1 hr jog/walk, biking, daily double
Today: I call it Karen.  Back in the day, before I had a better understanding of my abdominal whackery, a coworker and I used to joke that I had a tapeworm, and I named the tapeworm after her.  There isn't actually a tapeworm, but there is more than one issue...and, today, apparently a cheese-grater as well.  I'll try some deep-breathing yoga stuff and go from there, but it's looking like one of those rare days spent mostly curled around the dog's soothing warmth.

Edit: well, the count lasted for just several hours.  I woke up again sometime before noon feeling considerably better.  The discomfort is back to a dull roar, and I decided to jog on the treadmill while listening to tunes and watching math videos, just to see how it would go.  I think I could get into this routine.  It ended up being a really easy 80 minute jog (my easy pace has quickened a bit on that TM too, thanks to all the hills, and not have any hills at all lifted me to an amazing zone), and then I did arm exercises and the daily double.


No comments: