Sunday, May 19, 2013

The engine

I'm finally discovering some seemingly short and especially essential muscles for biking, the little bits that pack the most torque.  With running, I feel these pistons around my hip flexors and glutes; with biking, they seem to be in my inner thighs.   These are possibly large complex sections of muscles, actually, but they seem like small factions that don't have to move much, as opposed to bigger and more painful useless stupid chunks of burn.  I'm finding this really hard to explain!

Anyway, my husband and I went biking today, just a quick trip, 16.4 miles in ?  maybe an hour and a quarter.  He had his bike computer and I'm not sure if it shuts off for stops, but we averaged 13 mph.  Not bad for those hills and a warm day. 

And then the daily double, and I was reminded of yesterday's arm workout during the pushups. 

No comments: