Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tues

2 miles with the dogs, then 4 miles jog/walking around.

I checked out the elite runner lists for the Ottawa Race weekend. Turns out that the winner of the Boston marathon, Deriba Merga, will be in the 10K. I watched both the men's Olympic marathon and the Boston marathon--Merga was in third until very close to the finish of the Olympic marathon, when he was passed. That was one of the events that made that race gripping, but I felt pretty bad for him.
So it was nice watching the great race he had at Boston. And it will be cool to see him in the 10K, for all of 2.84 seconds before he glides out of sight. I'm looking forward to seeing all the elites. Maybe some of that efficiency will rub off on me.

I didn't get enough sleep after work tonight, so my legs are pretty stiff, but now I have a few easy days. Should be enough to complement all the arduous training I've devoted to this marathon. (lol)

I do have to stop eating popcorn for a bit, too. I'm heavy/flat/sluggish enough these days.

No comments: