Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"speedwork"

At least I got more sleep! I'm really going to try to get to sleep before midnight. I really need to do this from now until race day; I got some time off work so I won't be thrown by shiftwork.

I also need to lay off on the popcorn and drink more water.
I made a big batch of soup with udon noodles and tofu...of course, I'm now snacking on nachos instead, but hey~

Anyway, speedwork went surprisingly well. I was very relaxed. I haven't been doing speedwork at all, and it's too late to start, but this was a gentle workout: 2 X 2K at race pace. I don't know what my race pace will be, but I took it easy, was the slowest person there, lol.

10:21
10:22

Well, not sure that will be race pace, but it's nice that that pace felt so comfortable. I seem to lock into that 8:10-8:15 pace automatically, and 2K isn't long enough for it to catch up on me...not sure what would be long enough, lol. At any rate, I'm going to start super easy and try to keep things like that as long as possible.

I'm still wavering about garmin/watch/nothing...

No comments: