Friday, May 22, 2009

Things are heating up!

At least on thurs--I think I covered about 6 miles, but all walking--two with the dogs, and then at least 4 to/from my volunteer thing. But it was certainly hot enough! I might as well have been running.

Friday, today, I walked with the dogs another 2 miles or so (at least--we were out for an hour) and later went down to the race expo with Gaz #1. It was a blast! we overdosed on supplements, electrolytes, anti-oxidants, etc...I'm coming off the buzz now but hope to replicate it on Sun. LOL

But, man, talk about a sucky colour for a race shirt. I don't mean to be a baby about it, but pink? pink?! The men had lime green and I was sooo tempted to ask to switch, but I've gotten too many medium shirts when I asked for small at registration eons before, and so I wouldn't want someone to not get their size because they gave it to me. But hot pink? not my colour!

but as it turns out, Gaz was eyeing some running skirts at a stall which had some pink ones. So I got one that had some pink in it. Go big or go home--or, as the opera singers I used to work with said--go ho or go home. I'm going to try it out tomorrow and if it feels ok, I'll slather on the bodyglide and hope for the best.

Usually I wouldn't wear new things to a race, but this pink shirt irks me so much! So I'm going to work that pink thing, get it really smelly, and then perhaps never wear it again.

Meanwhile, I have been drinking a lot of fluid...feeling kind of bloated, but that's ok. I'm already feeling sort of logey this time round, so an extra pound or two won't hurt. Hopefully the extra blood volume will help. Will see what happens on Sunday!

No comments: