Wednesday, May 27, 2009

a nice run

Tues--just walked a bit with the dogs. Maybe 1.5 miles?
Wed--I walked with the dogs a bit more, lol, plus did more in the way of morning exercises. I'm trying to get back into that.

Then I jogged to run club and did almost 6 miles with them, then jogged home for a total of 8 miles. It was about 12 and drizzly--nearly perfect weather. I felt so fresh. My legs were springy. It was like that thing on Sunday had never happened. LOL

Anyway, it's too early to decide what I'm going to do in the fall (apart from the Army 1/2), but I can decide how I'm going to train. I'm not sure I'm going to do an ultra. I'm not even sure I'm going to do a marathon. Who knows? But I can decide how I'm going to train.

My foot seems to be fine so I can run continuously pretty well. I have to get the dog back into it. I've decided that, especially since it'll be getting hotter, we can stick to the same 3.5ish mile loop for the time being. There are two water fountains there and it's flat and easy. Ideally, this will be an early (for me) morning run. Then, on certain days, like Wed and Fri, I could do speedwork or longer runs in the evening. Sunday will be the long run. Maybe Wed will be a longer morning run too---that seemed to work well as a double. If I think that I want to run more in the mornings, or on one particular morning, or whenever, I will.

I don't mind running longer regularly, but I'm curious to see if sticking to the same loop will be more relaxing/effective, instead of running wherever, and a different route, pretty much every single time. That's fun, but after a while (a few years?) of that, I think my body is craving a bit more of a routine.

And, definitely, I need to do the resistance exercises 3X a week.

So I have all of June to get into a groove and then things will probably get wonky--but my husband's return will be worth it :)

No comments: