Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday

The dog and I jogged 8.39 miles...well, about 7.39 and then we walked the last one home. I met up with friends and stopped to chat, and didn't feel like running after that. At any rate, it was a really nice run. The weather was reasonable, plus overcast and somewhat cool, and it was relaxing. I'm especially pleased with my shoulder thingy...I tend to do a weird thing with my right shoulder. It drops and tenses up; it has to do with holding the dog leash in that side, although it happens even when I don't have the dog. I've been working on relaxing--sometimes by tensing up extra hard and then totally relaxing--but today was the first time that I felt where things were supposed to go; I let them go there and relaxed totally and quickly. It was amazing how much easier that felt. this is a big breakthrough for an issue I've been dealing with for a couple of years at least. Typically, when I'm working hard, most of my tension is in my right shoulder.

The million dollar question is, though, how much mileage can I get out of my Nike Frees? I can't remember when I got them except that it was over a year ago. I've rotated shoes since then, but I have put on a heck of a lot of miles on them, but they feel fine. I guess a shoe without much cushioning to begin with isn't going to have a lot of cushioning break down. Guess I'll just keep wearing them.

After the run, I did resistance exercises. I did them Mon-Wed-Fri this week, so I'm happy about that.

tomorrow will be an easy run, and then work.

No comments: