Monday, May 25, 2009

recovery Monday

3.5 miles with the dog, then some light exercises, a few squats, clamshells, etc.
My legs are a little stiff, but not bad.

I had to tell some woman that I don't let my dog near other dogs that are "pulling like that"--meaning, pulling their owners towards us. I've been mulling this issue over for ages, how to politely tell people that if their dog hauls them to my dog, we're not interested in 'socializing'. And then this dog hauled its owner to my dog, but I veered off in the road, and it just spilled out:

"I'm sorry, I don't let my dog near dogs that are pulling like that."

It just came out! there it is. I'll try to be apologetic rather than accusatory or righteous about it. I don't think she took it well, but she appeared all too eager to let her dog pull itself towards mine so she earned whatever I had to say. It could have been a lot worse.

No comments: