Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday

I'm trying to remember what I did/ran these past few days! It's mainly been gadding about as feels right, and wondering where spring went. It already seems like summer. I think the trees spat out full-size leaves during the 5 days I was away. Suddenly there's that thing called shade in places.

Wed: 5.5 with the dog, a nice jog
Thurs 3.5 with the dog, mostly walking
Fri: 7.69, 5 jogging, and the rest walking with the dog.

My legs are still a bit stiff, but otherwise I feel ok. I'm considering taking protein shakes again, to see if that lifts the dead legs feeling a bit. Apart from that, I guess all I have to do now is taper. It certainly doesn't feel like I'm going to run a marathon in about a week, but maybe springing it suddenly upon myself is a good strategy. Admittedly, I'm feeling quite flat due to a lack of recent speedwork, but at least I won't have too heavy a case of taper nerves.

No comments: