Saturday, December 14, 2013

Cold rain

The dog and I are apparently rain dancers this week: almost every run or walk has enticed at least a little bit of drizzle.  I used to despise cold rain, but since the alternative here is heat and humidity, cold rain has become my friend.  We even remember each others' birthdays.

This morning, we headed out in mild drizzle, originally for a 1/2 hr or so in the closer woods.  However, that was too dull a proposition even though the hearty gunfire from a nearby training exercise was the perfect backdrop to pretending to be Hunted or The Last Survivor or whatever, especially since the guns were closer than usual and there was also a spooky quasi-fog...but, eh, I wasn't in the mood.

Weekends in the larger woods is sometimes the only opportunity for seeing other runners, and I needed some reassurance (yay, I'm not the only one with this hobby!) so we jogged there instead.  The left leg issue didn't crop up, but I remained attentive to form and avoided the tougher trails.  I wanted to stay out longer, but I kept to a sensible 50 minutes.  And we saw 2 runners.

We returned home in thick rain, and I did weights.  They seem to be helping.  I'm not exactly sure what the leg issue is--perhaps a complaining nerve--but I have been doing very little stretching recently, and yin yoga, what's that? :/  Probably I just need to stretch more.


No comments: