Thursday, December 12, 2013

Bliss, Part 2

It was my first time attempting 4(30 seconds of pushups and 30 seconds of pike situps) to the accompaniment of Bliss.  I don't have all of the transition points memorized yet.

It went quickly but arduously.

Pushups (wide-handed): 11-13 reps per set.  Not bad.  I thought about putting my hands more closely together, but I think this would shift the burn to my shoulders from my core--and I want it in my core.  I'm already doing other shoulder exercises.

Pike situps: 6-8 reps per set.  These were brutal.  Usually, I start feeling bad around rep 11 or so, but today I got only a couple or so freebies each time.  Yippee!  Situps are boring and so I appreciate getting to the discomfort more quickly.

I think this might actually be a core regimen that I might actually stick to.  My road to rock solid abs (or at least not-drooping-like-an-overcooked-noodle abs) has had many, many detours thus far.

No comments: