Saturday, December 21, 2013

~

Just the Bliss workout today.  No run: slight leg issue, mutinous girl bits, warm weather (24 C here today, and tomorrow is supposed to go up to 26), rain, etc, APATHY.  It seems that I won't make it off the waitlist for the January ultra so I have to find another race or goal, or at least something that will make exercising my dog here less boring and/or annoying.   Some days, I look into his earnest brown eyes and tell myself I'm doing this just for you, sweetie.

I should also tell myself that this is the lowest and darkest point of the year.  This is just a slump.  Not even an emotional one.  I feel pumped, just not about running.

Anyway, Bliss:
Pushups: 11-12 per set
Situps: 9-10 per set

I was trying to analyze my attraction to that music video, but I've since decided that it's just another fad and I should just be grateful that it gets me through a bunch of pushups and situps.  I don't allow myself to play it more than twice a day: once during the workout, and once afterward as a reward.  Hopefully this restraint will prevent its effects from wearing off.

No comments: