Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 5

It was wonderful running weather this morning but also a pretty late night before, so the dog and I ran just three miles, as usual.
And then, after more cleaning (fun party last night!), I did the day 5 body rock workout. The shorter holiday workouts are super!

The run was surprisingly fresh, especially compared to yesterday's leaden effort. At one point today, I felt so efficient, and I was able to maintain that feel for a while. I was trying to figure out how to describe it: the most appropriate word is "flicking" although nothing was actually flicking, but there is a certain lightness to the word and motion. Often my quads feel kind of heavy on runs, but today they were flicking somehow, along with my hip flexors. A gentle quick flick, and then relaxation and reload.

No comments: