Monday, December 19, 2011

12 days of Bodyrocking

So I'm a bit late in starting this challenge, but it's a convenient and strong way to close 2011.

I ate gluten again and this time it was a misunderstanding. Was there any wheat flour in anything? ("flour" being too confusing in the past) No, there wasn't, but there was all-purpose flour. Apparently that comes from a different grain. What can I do? I hate hate hate hate presenting a list of inquiries to whoever cooked whatever, but there don't seem to be any shortcuts. I have to ask about soy sauce, beer, cheap caramel/sweetener (actually, I don't know quite how to ask about that so generally I skip dessert and mass-produced salad dressings and sauces), flour, wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cake flour, pancake flour, sausages and other deli meats, barley, rye, malt vinegar, malt, graham crackers...and there's more.

Fortunately, the cooking was really good and it was still a fun evening. Yesterday was sort of painful but today is much better. We have three more dinners out this week but fortunately they're all family meals. And thank goodness I have more vitamins and enzyme pills now. The idea of taking that stuff isn't quite comfortable but they seem to help me recover much more quickly, and they have dampened the raging appetite that usually comes with gluten damage. I'm not snacking on butter this time! LOL

We'll see how I'll navigate the holidays but meanwhile I have to stay fit! Yesterday, my joints said "No running!", so I walked and did a very modest x-training routine. Today, I thought about running five miles, but once I started the run and got into a surprisingly easy groove, it was a sign. Or rather a delicate gift that would evaporate if held for too long. I promised myself that I wouldn't squish it until 2012. I've done everything I've wanted to do this year, and more: a few easy miles a day is enough for the time being.

And then I did Day 1 of the 12 day Bodyrock challenge. The jumps were rather feeble and then omitted--I didn't feel like doing much of that kind of thing. Otherwise, it worked out better than I thought it would.

No comments: