Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 67

First week of practical (minus 1 day-today-Good Friday) done! That's what swallowed me up. It's been kind of intense, but fun, but intense. I've been walking 4-5 miles total each day--no running to/from the practical because I don't want to show up all sweaty to ask for a pass to the locker/shower room. They've been leaving the door to the department unlocked, but for obvious reasons the locker room is kept locked. I was hoping that we'd get temp passes or swipe cards or something like that, but no dice. ah, well.

The job itself is mostly standing/walking/squatting, so that's been a bit tiring to get used to again. I got a chair once but it wasn't the right height so I had to ditch it.

I have another week, plus two days to make up for Good Friday and Easter Monday. By the time I get used to the physical demands and the schedule (getting up rather early!) it'll be done and goodness knows what shifts I'll get after that, if any, or where...well, I'll see what happens!

Anyway, I miss the doubles!! I think I really like running twice a day.
Tues: 40 min jog
Wed: 100 min, some with dog, some speedwork. So-so, legs sore
Thurs: 30 min
Fri: 30 min. I was going to do speedwork this evening but I got derailed. Or tropical. The high today was 28C. No joke! I spent most of the day reading outside and nursing mojitos. My legs still feel a little strained so I didn't feel that keen on speedwork anyway. It was to be 6X 400M, so maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

No comments: