Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 93

Yesterday: 30 min jog with the dog in the morning, 35 min run with my husband in the evening. We both got new shoes in the mail so it was a bit peppy. I'd ordered a pair of Saucony Grid Type A3 shoes, but a 1/2 size up from my old pair because they were out of my size. Turns out that was wise: they look the same size as my old shoes. anyway, they feel fine.

I was going to do speedwork, but signed up for another 5K race tomorrow instead; that will be my speedwork. Originally, I was going to do the race on Sunday and the VO2max intervals on Wednesday, and then I was considering the race on Saturday. Well, the race on Friday is the closest and cheapest and I know the course best so that settled it. It will be crowded, though, as the path is narrow in parts and won't be closed to the public, so it might get kind of annoying, but this is a race as a workout, not a goal race. anyway, once I signed up, I figured I was already a bit tired and doing intervals yesterday mightn't be the most logical thing to do. I will have access to treadmills next week so I might try to get two interval workouts in, say Monday and Thurs or Fri.

At any rate, tomorrow's race will be the end of my 3X 5K experiment, and then I have 4 weeks until the NCM 5K. My goal tomorrow is to be stronger mentally.

Today: 30 min jog with the dog in the morning. I probably won't run this evening. I'm kind of tired and I'm curious to see how things will feel tomorrow without the evening run.

No comments: