Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 87

Very good day! I feel a little tired and my legs are a little tired too, possibly residual recovery from Wednesday's hard workout...I probably should have jogged at least a little bit yesterday to loosen up but I just didn't feel like it! So this morning's run was dusting off cobwebs for 20 min, and then I ran 30 minutes with my husband in the evening.

And we ran. It wasn't a hard run, nowhere near tempo effort, and I kept to 4-2 breathing until a few minutes near the end when we were pushing it a bit more...it was one of those good runs. I love having good runs! This is what makes giving up bread and beer and all that other wheat stuff worth it! I still don't feel 100%, but I'm definitely getting there.

I try not to track time/pace except for speedwork, but I had to know, had to look it up on mapmyrun.com: 3.58 miles in 30 min. That's 8:23/mile. Nothing major for a few miles, but considering where I was a few months ago (11:00/mile? didn't want to know how much below 10:00/mile), and considering that that wasn't too far off my tempo effort pace a month ago (8:10-8:15/mile), I'm really pleased. I'm not going to be pushing that pace on all my easy runs--heck, I can be more than a min slower per mile and still be fine--but if it happens now and then, cool. We'll see how things go when the runs get longer and the temps get hotter.

At any rate, I didn't do the 500M intervals today, lol, because I didn't think I had enough pep.
Tomorrow will be an easy run and maybe a few light pick ups in prep for the 5K on Sunday. Maybe I'll do a short run in the evening too, maybe not. Will see how I feel.

Meanwhile, I've been throwing down in the kitchen...we'd cooked a chicken this past weekend, so I made broth yesterday, picked the chicken today and made chicken noodle soup, plus I took the tenderest bits and made rillette with some duck fat, plus I made wild garlic pesto, plus the fruit/whey smoothie I'm having now, lol. My husband made some wheat-free bread and we're going to stuff ourselves tonight!

No comments: