Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 72

Well, speedwork went better than I'd expected! It was mile repeats; I did three of them: 7:10, 7:16, 7:08. During the first, I remembered the good form I had yesterday, and it was surprisingly comfortable. Unfortunately, I couldn't quite summon it as completely for the other two repeats, and I sagged a bit on the 2nd (I was on my own). Still, I'm happy with it. It's not too far off sub-7 min miles, and not too far off of what I did mile repeats prior to my operation and illness. After the workout, I did resistance exercises. My pushups are still feeble, but I'm up to 60 full sit ups. The sit ups are more valuable, anyway: I feel that they've strengthened my hip flexors considerably.

I signed up for a 5K next weekend. My challenge will be to reclaim that good form!

No comments: