Sunday, March 3, 2013

So we went out for a nice dinner last night

And now I'm paying for it!
It was still a really nice meal, and it would've been nicer without sore guts and a sore right shoulder--this is referred pain and has actually nothing to do with my shoulder: it hurts because of whatever went down below.  It's been a while since it has hurt this badly.

I'm disappointed because it was even printed in the menu that the chef could accommodate allergies.  The only think I can think of is that my bison burger (no bun) was cooked on the same surface as someone else's bun.  Do they heat up buns in this fashion?  I really have no clue because the few food places I worked at didn't do hamburgers.  There was also a piece of bread on the side of our mussels, balanced on top of a few shells--usually I don't eat anything that has touched bread, but I figured that since the bread was just touching those shells, I'd leave those for my husband and be fine.  Maybe they dropped it into the bowl!  I should have sent it back but I hate to be that person.

Anyway, now I'm having a day of ginger ale and lots of water and tea instead of a long run.

I do want to go back there because the food was tasty and they get their products from local and/or humane farms.  I thought I was putting the poor server through the inquisition, but I guess I'll need to ask even more questions next time. 

No comments: