Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A dog on a leash!

This morning there was another car outside the forest, strangely the first modest sedan I think I've seen there.  Usually it's vans or SUVs.

We were just walking this morning because I'm having sort of a painful morning, just more of the same but a bit more this morning.  Maybe I'm more inflamed because of the weights yesterday (worth it).  I'm getting over a reaction on Friday, and I think the culprit was grain vodka.  I wasn't worried about distilled alcohols before because ethanol vaporizes at just under 80C, and the most that proteins do as far as I know (unless temps are very high) is denature.  They don't tag along for the ride.  But, there is the old issue of cross contamination!  But I haven't quite given up on this vodka yet, I don't drink it often, but sometimes a shot or two hits the spot...maybe I'll give it one more chance because there's a slim chance it could have been something else.

So, anyway, we walked this morning, saw the car, and I hoped for the best.  But my dog was very interested in sniffing bits of debris freshly kicked up and I figured that there was a male dog somewhere ahead.  A few minutes later, we saw a man with a German Shepherd ON A LEASH!   I tucked my dog in close and just behind my right leg (the man and the dog were to our left), and the man handled his reactive dog appropriately: he also kept it close and not ahead of him, and he put himself between us and his dog.  And neither dog made a noise or moved of their own volition--yeah, it wasn't the most comfortable passage with two powerful male dogs staring at each other (my dog knows "head down" but it never lasts long), but both were obeying their owners.  Next time we pass each other, I will keep my dog close and walk/jog by with an easy heart. 

That's how it should be!   It was such a nice change!






No comments: