Tuesday, August 21, 2012

drained again

And I seem to have a slight cold.  So much for the restorative effect of a 4 day weekend.  Maybe running outside umpteen days in a row is a bit too much, too soon.   Unfortunately, there is no true easy run out there, but I have to take the dog out every day; the inefficiency of running on the treadmill and walking the dog in the same morning tends to mire me somehow.  And the air here is still just plain disagreeable.  This astonishes me: we are in a small town, not close to major industry--why am I having more issues than I did in Bucheon and Seoul?  Where's the convenience, then? The diversity? Or the excitement?  The recent theft of my husband's bike and numerous encounters with drunks/druggies don't count--on that note, the local police has recently become kind of sloppy about releasing them in the ER.  Take them home! or somewhere else so they don't hang about sitting in the parking lot and asking me about someone called Amber who got shot in the head.  That's the best story I've gotten so far here, and it was just a scrap.  Turns out that his friend Amber went to a different hospital, and survived, almost two years ago.  Some friend he is!  He could phone her.  

But this town is still probably better than most, and there is Amazon and the local farmers' market and a recently-launched monthly art gallery/reception series, and after a couple of hours at work in super-duper air filtration, I feel so much better; at least I'm getting a bit of a break.  And Amber survived!

Monday: 1.5 miles with the dog in the morning, 1/2 of a MarC workout and stretches in the evening.  I've been wanting some sort of something after work, nothing too strenuous but engaging enough to dampen post-work hyperactivity, and I also want to resume some yin yoga poses.  I'll see if this does the trick.

Today: walked with the dog, did zwow 28.  Sluggishly.

No comments: