Friday, August 3, 2012

Ah, I did

My last post jinxed the afternoon weather at least.  It wasn't hot, but it was heavy because the rains didn't return, and my breathing was constrained for the first couple of hours at work until the superior air filtration system there worked its magic.   I also have mouth cankers again so probably there's some wheat dust in the mix--there's absolutely nothing else that could account for those.  I haven't eaten anything new except for the new protein-iron pills that don't contain gluten, and the only takeout I have eaten this week was prepared by a cook and restaurant owner who also has a gluten issue.  Also, there's a cold going round at work, and I think I have it.  I slept through my husband's alarm and departure and woke up at 10 am, highly unusual for me on weekdays although that is close to my regular wake up time on weekends when I return to a monophasic sleep schedule.

So, I wasn't feeling too great this morning and I decided to call it a rest day, but today's the first day of Olympic track coverage, and I watched a prelim women's 400M round and felt inspired to try the newest zwow workout.  After all, working out can beat mild colds by creating an artificial fever.  And #28 didn't have an off-putting 'buy-in'.  It was a neat workout although there was a lateral movement element that took a while to get the hang of, but I think this might be something I'll do more often.  Thank you, and well done, Sanya Richards-Ross!

No comments: