Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Caves and underground city

I recently found out that there is a cave system and underground city here.  !!!
I have been surfing for distractions because our next posting will be, uh.  Once again, we'll be shipped to a dumpy little town south of the Mason-Dixon line, but not south enough for citrus orchards or local tropical fruit or sarongs or beach combing or whatnot.  C'mon!  Give me at least a little something to work with!  However, I have honed a pretty good coping strategy during past similar postings: get leaner and meaner.  Last two times, I was lucky enough to live close to a forest with trails--admittedly, the second was more of a semi-abandoned army training area, but it worked.

Anyway~

Monday: nothing
Tuesday: 1.5 miles with the dog outside!!! Yes, the mornings are slowly becoming reasonable!! and Zwow #1, but just 2 rounds out of 3.
Today: I hr, 5.6 miles.


1 comment:

Fran said...

I think that's a fantastic approach you have for living in a place you don't love: work on self improvement via something particular to that place - a track, a set of hills, whatever. I wish I had done that in Fredericton, and will aim to do that on Elgin St! (Noisy and far from nature, but bursting with varieties of people! Useful for writing characters!)