Friday, February 3, 2012

Cold rain

The super extra warm weather is gone, leaving what I'm assuming is the more usual seasonal offering: cold rain.

Wed: just walked
Thurs: 2.75 miles and 14 hrs of sleep AND a nap. Sleep deprivation was more significant than I'd assumed.

I felt a lot better after that. The trick is to leave the window open a crack. It's wasteful but necessary anyway when there's too much smoking going on: the bathroom fan is always on and it draws smoke into the room. There's usually wind so it pushes air back into the hall. We had the window open during the weekend because it was party time for others, lol.

An added bonus of having windows open is the soporific nature of the soundscape outside: highway and airport. I am lulled by traffic noises; I learned this when I moved to a small town for the first time and, after a year living in uni residence but taking an awful lot of late night walks, I rented a room close to the highway and slept a LOT more soundly.

We have just a couple more nights here and then we get to camp in our new place (furniture will come later!)

At any rate, I jogged 2 miles with the dog this morning, and today's afternoon run had a mental hurdle (starting in the cold rain) but otherwise felt really good. We went back to the lake, back to the same stretch of trail as before, which is not flat but relatively gentle, and it was! My legs felt really fresh for the first time in a while. The rain helped push us too, but it remained an easy effort until the last 50 m or so (I need to start the finishing sprint earlier--my husband has the advantage at this distance!). 3.44 miles in 28.55

2 comments:

redcatdance said...

cs you are a wonder and it is a priviledge to be on your reading list.

adieu.

cs said...

Aww! :blush: