Saturday, February 11, 2012

wind

So windy! I wanted to run 10 miles, then we thought about 6...did 3.34. My flat runs this week, yesterday and today's, have been rip-face-off windy. There was some consolation, though: we went to Lawrence again. Not only did we have burgers after the run, but we went to a seed fair beforehand and the Local Burger people were there too so we split an elk burger before the run.

Once we get fully unpacked and I dig up my summer running stuff, I can run on a treadmill in the army gym and/or use their track. That will make things a lot easier. I'm still not sure if I'll be doing what races this year, if any. I'd thought about doing the Chicago Marathon because it's relatively close and we'd have a place to stay for free there, but that race sold out in six days. LOL. And, once I figure out a race, I'll have to decide what running program to follow, or maybe I'll adapt my own. It's easier following a program, but I suspect that it's high time I sat down and thought about what tends to work best for me.

There is one definite element that I'm missing and shouldn't be: weights and resistance exercises. I haven't done any bodyrock routines or anything since leaving Ottawa, apart from a buttload of hardcore housework. Lots of squats yesterday because I made the gruesome discovery that some of the dark imperfections of the wooden floors were actually what I then thought was food splatters but was really dried dog excrement. I ended up doing about 5 hours of on-hands-and-knees scrubbing except that I didn't want to go down on my knees on that floor, so it was mostly Asian squatting instead. Today was about 1.5 hrs with a mop and lots more water...I went through about 0.75 L of PineSol today. Almost done!

No comments: