Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 30

This morning was slushy and damp from all directions--several inches on the ground, more flung from above. I decided to leave the dog at home.

I did what I hoped to: run 45 minutes. 20 out, 19 back, and a bit of a cooldown. I was trying to tap into a more solid yet easy effort; I didn't want it to be another recovery run. My breathing was still easy for most of it, and then I picked it up a bit coming back. My muscles were still a bit sluggish, but not sore. I'm still getting used to things being aerobically easy and muscularly tough; I don't really like it, of course! I'm not quite sure what the solution is, apart from time, but I suspect that some short sprints might reawaken muscle fibers that have been dormant. So I did one 8ish second sprint. Not much, but I have to get back into it slowly.

I figure I'll do another similar run on Friday, and then perhaps a longer run on Sunday. Next week, maybe I'll add another five minutes.

Resistance exercises afterward--the pushups I still have to be careful with because of a shoulder issue I'm recovering from. I'm not entirely sure what it is except for another reaction/inflamed joint/swollen lymph node somewhere in there--I also got small blisters on it at first. It's not so much sore as stiff, but it's getting better. At any rate, I'm up to 25 full sit ups. I've been told over and over again that crunches are just as good, but I'm finding that I'm getting a lot more out of the full sit ups.

No comments: