Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 17

I broke my resolution last night.

I went to class yesterday evening armed with a bottle of flavoured water, two clementines, and my supper: lentils, chickpeas, rice, kimchi. I figured that if I grazed through my class, instead of eating supper before, I wouldn't be so hungry after it. I'd had cereal, yoghurt and fruit for breakfast, and chili for lunch, plus snacks...it seemed to be enough.

I ate my supper and it was as if I hadn't--I got home and I was starving again. I tried to restrain myself and fill up on water, but I ended up polishing off a good portion of a block of cheese and some fruit. I tried!

It was progress; hopefully, tonight will be more moderate still. I'm still tired, not in an achy way, but dully, and I suspect it's caused in part by going to bed with a full stomach. On the other hand, my body is seriously craving food as it recovers and gets used to more running. I've been taking iron supplements, and eating meat usually 2X a day (chili (ground beef and lamb), and then when that's gone we'll make beef soup; we also have lamb shanks and a chicken waiting this week).

Anyway, I was sluggish getting up today as well, but jogged 40 min with the dog. My legs were leaden but I wasn't sore at least. It wasn't the best run, but better than a few weeks ago. And it was a gorgeous day to run, sunny and not too windy. I was a bit overdressed--it was only -6C. I had a hat, thick tights, two long-sleeved shirts, and a windbreaker which I took off a few minutes into the run. Afterward, I did resistance exercises.

No comments: