Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 29

Recovery run...I was quite sore this morning. I'd planned to jog for 20ish minutes or whatever felt right. It ended up being 16:30ish. All of a sudden, my quads started to get stiffer, so I walked for a bit. Tried running again after a few minutes, but it didn't feel good.

I also bought a yoga block today. I should have bought one years ago: it's hard to stay in dragon pose (lunge, knee down) without it. As I tend to have tight hip flexors, this pose helps a lot! But I don't get the same effect without support under a hand or butt--I can't stay in the pose as long, and my muscles are too activated to get to connective tissue. The block allows me to relax.

Anyway, with the easy jog, a bunch of walking, and a bunch of stretching, I feel a lot better. Hopefully tomorrow I can try a longer run and my resistance exercises.

No comments: