Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 16

No run today...it's a rest day anyway and I felt sluggish waking up. It's been like that the last few days; I'm assuming it's part of the recovery process and it's better to sleep so soundly than not. At any rate, resuming fairly regular jogging, however slight, will take getting used to. No point in getting tired out from the in-between runs.

Instead I walked briskly with the dog and did some sit ups and pushups. It makes me blush to admit that the latter have dwindled to 2 or 3 proper ones, but hopefully things will improve. The sit ups seem to be getting easier at least.

Last night was another round of my favourite game: "what the heck did I eat?" Something didn't quite agree with me. It wasn't bad, just cramps, but made me wonder. I had rice crackers last night--the package says 'gluten free', but it also says that there's maltodextrin, but I've also read that maltodextrin is such a highly processed thing that apparently none of the offending protein remains even if it originally came from wheat. So then I thought, hey, the cheese tasted a bit peppery--the label said it didn't contain pepper, but it did contain P.roqueforti, which sometimes tastes peppery, and maybe that had something to do with it? It is supposedly high in glutamate which is not a gluten protein, but could be cause for sensitivity, especially during the sometimes somewhat sensitive recovery process...

And then I realized that I was so hungry after my evening class that I'd plowed through popcorn, cheese and crackers, fruit, and perhaps other things too, shortly before going to bed. DUH!

I'm going to try to remember to stop eating 2-3 hrs before sleeping. It makes sense that my digestive system is going to be a little more sensitive as it detoxifies, no need to stress it further by shoving a whole load of food into it and then lying down.

Otherwise, things are going well and I seem to be recovering!

No comments: