Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday

Day 1 of gluten/ground pepper-free experiment. lol
Fortunately, I like eating rice for breakfast (and lunch and dinner)...we cooked up a bunch of megadarra and put chickpeas in it too for added protein. Cheapest meal ever. Probably cost about $5 total to make and I think we've gotten about eight servings out of it already.

I ran with my husband last night, 4.75 miles. My legs still felt dull but, despite the heat, I felt a little fresher. My husband picked up the pace to sub 9/mile, which used to be in my easy cruising range. It felt good mechanically, but was tiring in other ways. Oh, well! The humidex was above 30.

This morning, the dog and I jogged three miles. It was slightly cooler and drier than it has been, and my limbs weren't worse than usual, but we still took a break in the middle for water and his business. I can't wait for conditions to improve, temp and healthwise, and location-wise, too. We are moving closer to one of the paths, just a short walk away. No lights separating us from it, either, just a crosswalk and stop signs for the cars. They will have to stop for us. We won't have to wait, they will. They will have to wait for us. The tables have turned. This will go to my head!


Edit/evening update: approx 8.8 miles. 3.4ish with Matt and the dog then to run club, 4X 1000K and then home. My legs are still weird so I was debating going, but then figured that I might as well see where I am.

4:19
4:16
4:17
4:27

I felt mechanically good for the first three, albeit with uncomfortable guts, surprise! lol. It was kind of an odd sensation, having heavy legs but managing to align everything in an efficient manner.

Unfortunately, I couldn't tap into the same sensation for the fourth repeat. Things just weren't together. Maybe I was getting too hot--definitely, I was getting tired. Still, I'm really happy with the workout--I was hoping for 4:30/K, and was prepared to accept up to 5:00. Maybe I'm on the mend!

No comments: