Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thurs-Fri-Sat

Thurs--I did run to dragonboating, 3.3ish miles, I think...I was pretty stiff. Fortunately, my ear thing started to subside in the afternoon, so I was able to eat starting around 5pm--most importantly, before dragonboating.

Fri--my husband and I had a very sluggish 3.5ish mile run. Strangely enough, we're in the same sort of condition: poor. LOL

Sat--my husband and I had a slightly better run, which we stretched out to 6.5 miles. Unfortunately, he didn't loosen up as much as I did: after about three miles, it started to feel 'normal'. My legs stopped feeling like I'd run 3 hours already. I guess that's the best way to sum up how my runs have recently been: all 100% after the wall.

I chalk it up to better sleep and a really good meal on Friday. We went to l'Atelier, which is a contemporary/molecular cuisine sort of place which offers a 12-course tasting menu of various unique dishes including stuff with beer froth and dehydrated olives and truffle chocolates with bacon on top. It was expensive but worth it--I've been looking forward to going there for nearly a year, and it lived up to my expectations, especially since they were so accomodating about my ground pepper issues. I savoured that meal knowing that I would actually digest it, unlike most of the meals I've eaten out this past month: "Oh, so there IS pepper in the salad dressing/fries seasoning/seafood salad/sauce/etc/etc...oops". My husband was blown away at well. Basically, we sat and nibbled for three and a half hours and waddled home and crashed. It was the best thing for me, I think!

So maybe the worst is over!

No comments: