Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm hungry but can't eat because of an ear infection (!!!)

I'm starving! I hope my ear gets better soon.

Anyway, I jogged 2.5 miles with the dog on Tues, and then 6.5 miles with him on Wednesday morning. Wednesday evening was my return to the run club and speedwork with other people. I wasn't feeling 100% and the results showed. It was a ladder workout and I ended up cutting it short.

Strangely enough, the last time I did 800-1200-1600-1200-800, or tried to, the same thing happened! That was in January. I think my problem is starting the first 800M way too fast. It doesn't seem to be a problem with 800-1000-1200-1000-800 though. I started to do resistance exercises but things were already too sore so I quit. Total 14.28 or whatever miles. I didn't expect it to be that much; it's a bit of a jump compared to my paltry mileage of July.

At any rate, I feel pretty worn out. Guts still aren't under control, and I am not sleeping as well or as much as I would like. Plus, I'm presently getting used to a new schedule which will fortunately not shift much for a while--once I'm used to it, it'll be a lot better, but right now I'm tired! lol

And I have this ear infection...I think swallowing is getting a little bit easier, but I've been working on the same glass of cranberry juice and the same banana for 2+ hours and have only managed halfway so far, tiny little bits at a time.

I'm not sure I'll run today--I elected to sleep in a bit because I was feeling sniffly too, but that's gone away. I have dragonboating this evening and might jog to or from there or both, or neither. Will see.

No comments: