Tuesday, August 18, 2009

In the Slough of Despond

Not quite, but I'm still in a sort of physical slough of some sort, filled with a viscous substance.

How to sum up...I'm still jogging every day, usually early in the morning with the dog. And I'm still slow and stiff. Yes, it's hot, but I feel worse than I did while jogging in Florida, where it was hotter.

Thursday: 0, dragonboating
Friday, 3, saw a skunk. !!!
Saturday, 6.32, actually the best run I had in a while, despite the heat. I was jogging approx 9:30/mile and my legs actually felt fine. Then we went to the St.Albert Curd festival where I ate all sorts of stuff and paid for it.
Sunday, 3, hot, heavy.
Monday 8. Still stiff. It was supposed to be my long run (guess it was), and I was going to return the dog midway and continue on my own. However, we were caught in a rainshower, and were cooled off sufficiently to extend the run. It was an especially bad gut day, necessitating a stop at the arboretum loo, but things were consistently stiff and didn't get stiffer, so I sort of got used to it. And then the sun came out and it was hot and miserable and I'd already been running for 1:30ish by that point (yes, slower than normal) on tired legs so I figured that was good enough.
Tues 4. Hot, heavy...

My nurse practitioner asked me keep track of what I eat, to figure out if there's an allergy. I don't seem to handle ground pepper well, or wheat sometimes, but this way we'll have a clearer picture of what's going on. It's weird eating things while knowing that I'll have to immortalize them in black and white.

No comments: