Wednesday, January 14, 2009

getting back on track

My schedule is all out of whack--I stayed up until 3. just couldn't get to sleep after work. I still don't know what it was about it that got me so riled up, unless it was trying and failing to tackle a certain chemistry problem that was the real culprit.
I did yoga this morning and will go to a class soon. No pushups yet. I'm going to try to do resistance exercises again today to get back on track with those.

Running..I'd wanted to take the dog out for a bit, but it's like -37 windchill right now, so that isn't happening. I have run club tonight, will update.

EDIT: ok, busting the netfew, but, MAN, what a cold night! I really needed some windproofing on my legs. Anyway, I ran around for a bit, then with the run club....we did km intervals. I managed four,

4:35
4:27
4:27
4:28

Total 7.69 miles--I ran around for a couple of miles before the workout, to decide if I was going to go through with it. It was cold enough that the rest intervals were way too long, so I cut them short. The footing was good, much better than what I've been running on for the past week, so I was able to get into a nice rhythm. The cold weather froze up the greasy slush...the slush is good practice for mud, I think, but after so many runs it gets old. It was nice to actually connect with the ground and push off without it squishing around or making my foot slide backwards.

I also went to a hot yoga class, which was a lot of fun. I'm going to try to go to yin yoga tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be warmer and less windy so that I can take the dog out for a couple of miles at least.

No comments: