Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Blizzard

It's been interesting running today.

Morning: 3.83 miles with the dog, mostly running but a fair bit of walking, too. It was pretty rough going. Ice pellets hurt my eyes.

Evening, 7.06 miles, to/from runclub and then speedwork. The blizzard was slowing down, but it was still a slog. 5X 800M and I actually made it through...was considering doing just three, but after a while I got into the swing of things (like, finding out the least-snowy places to run around on the Hill, lol)...pace:

7:41/mile
7:48/mile
8:00/mile
7:48/mile
7:42/mile

Slow, but not so bad for the first time out, in snow, no less! This will be good training for the Winterman marathon at least.

Morning routine, I can't remember if I did it!
Pushups, yes.
Resistance exercises, shortly.

No comments: