Monday, January 19, 2009

fatigue

I made it to yin yoga yesterday, and went through endless agonizing minutes (years!) of dragon and gecko poses and I felt a lot better afterwards. In retrospect, though, I could have used some reclined Hero pose too...my quads might have done with even more stretching.

I slept for nearly 11 hours. I needed it.

This morning I did some yoga and then the dog and I got out for about 3.5 miles. It was very slow. I had very little energy, and there's still snow on the sidewalks. I managed to loosen up a bit, but the greasiness underfoot prevented me from reaping the full benefits of a recovery run. It just wasn't happening. If I hadn't had the dog, I might have done it on the FitWalk, but conditions turned out to be really good for him and he could have probably done an hour happily. Maybe tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I'll nap and then go to my evening job. It's funny how short working just an 8-hour spread feels, after having the split shift.

No comments: