Thursday, January 29, 2009

...catching up....

Didn't want to pollute my race report...

I had to work on Sunday evening after the race....after 8 hrs, I was feeling pretty trashed. I also worked on Monday and Tues, and had a music rehearsal too, plus an exam today, and it's been too cold to sneak a morning run in until now....so my routine has been pretty shot.

Mon: 3.5 miles, pushups, resistance exercises
Tue: 3 miles, zilch
Wed: no morning run--too much studying and not the best conditions for the dog, anyway, but I did get out for evening speedwork.

We did 1550ish metre repeats--there was a blizzard going on and so we stuck to a loop that was relatively plowed, and it was slightly short a mile. With the snow, we were probably running more than a mile's worth timewise, anyway. When I saw relatively plowed, I mean just a few inches, not more. And it was still coming down. We seem to get the worst weather on run club days. lol

My times:
7:46
7:49
7:34
7:30

My legs started to feel sore near the end...not an injury, just not fully recovered. I haven't been getting enough sleep, especially last night, like 3 hrs. I think my exam went ok, though, and then I grabbed the dog and off we were:

5.83 in horrible greasy lumpy snow AGAIN. It's really getting on my nerves!!!!

On to yin yoga to pull my skeleton apart and take the trash out, and then hopefully I can get some of my next assignment done and then grab lots of zeds.

No comments: