Wednesday, January 21, 2009

a dirty secret

I recently got addicted to cube crash....it's a computer game. I totally busted the netfew yesterday with it.

Fortunately, though, wearing different shoes eased my foot situation a lot...I didn't feel sore until near the end of my shift, as opposed to a couple of hours into it. That's a big relief.

I went to hot yoga today and then ran 2 miles with the dog and then some speedwork. 1200M intervals today; I did just three and at an easier effort, roughly 1/2 marathon effort, because I'm running a 1/2 marathon this weekend.

5:45
5:39
5:30

There was almost no snow where we ran, which was amazing. I've been running in snow for so long (lol)...but, honestly, it's a shock to come to a clear surface. There isn't a lot of snow, but it's that squishy greasy heavy stuff; I've found that it seems to add about 2 min/mile to whatever I'm doing. So it was great to do intervals on a relatively clear surface, though I was starting to merge from 1/2 marathon effort to the effort I usually run those intervals at; I decided to quit then and just jog around. Then I jogged around a bit before going home. Total 11.09 miles. No foot pain, though it's vaguely stiff now...a definite improvement. I'll take it easy until the race.

And it was definitely nice to know that the shoes I wore were fine...they're trail shoes and stiffer and heavier than I like (though not really--but I really like not a lot of shoe, lol), but this race won't be a PB anyway.

No comments: