Sunday, June 1, 2014

Stiff, don't care

Sidewalks! I love love love sidewalks.  Can't get enough of them.  Can't let them go to waste.

Today, I met up with Gaz and we ran for 10-12-? km...doesn't matter.  We found another friend, a nice forested park, fluffy goslings, no dolma, and that the rec path that goes along Preston, roughly, continues all the way to the river.  SO NICE.  Apart from a block's worth along Preston and Carling, it closes an all-path loop, 7.5ish miles of path.  I may attempt this before I leave Ottawa.

The last time I attempted to get to the river via this route, a few years ago, I ended up on a dirt/gravel path that ended in a fence, weeds, and No Trespassing signs or whatever; after following a footpath for a bit beyond, I chickened out at the last underpass and walked up through thick grass to the road.  My dog was with me and he quite enjoyed this part, but I regretted that the path didn't go all the way to the river.  Now it does!

We meant to resume running once we got to the river, but I suppose we got lost in conversation.  A very enjoyable run; thanks, Gaz!

Just checked on runningmap.com: the total I traveled, including to-from Gaz' place, and walking, was just over 16 miles.  !!  didn't feel like that, and I walked just over two miles after that on errands.  18 miles, a week after a marathon, is not too shabby!

No comments: