Friday, June 20, 2014

~

Yesterday--zilch.  Really, absolutely zilch.  I didn't walk anybody.  I didn't move.

Today, a different story.  75 min jog with #1, then a trail walk with the puppy, then weights.  I keep meaning to write down my workouts and leave that list in the garage...well, I winged it.

2 X
front squats  (+ requisite power cleans because no squat rack)
deadlifts
pistol squats
calf raises
clamshells

Maybe that's all I need for the time being, especially since my weights are so low.  I've lost a fair bit of strength and coordination.  Last summer, I got up to 75 lbs for the squats--the limiting factor being the clean to get the weight up to my shoulders--and 145 for the deadlift.  Today, I did 45 lbs for the squats and 85 for the deadlifts.  I'm making my squats deeper this year so that I can get more out of them, and I had to start off small for the deadlift because my hands aren't calloused enough yet.  ok, I'm lazy!  But ambitious too: I would love to power clean 85 lb and deadlift 165 by the fall.  That will be a fair bit of work and eating; I'll see how it goes.  Fortunately, my guts finally seem mostly recovered from the rupture or whatever in May.  I've had a bunch of touch-and-go days, but stuff is settled down so that I can finally fill my stomach without ill effects (space was at a premium in there)--and I'm ravenous!

No comments: