Wednesday, June 18, 2014

But I have been running

Thurs: ~50 min jog with #1
Fri: ~75 min jog with #1
Sat: ~30 min jog with #1
Sun: ~60 min jog with #1
Mon: ~30 min jog with #1
Tues: ~65 min jog with #1
Wed: walk.

I'm beat...my husband is working late these days, but even if I go to bed early, I usually don't fall asleep until he's about to.  Meanwhile, I'm waking up early to exercise before it gets too hot--I've managed to be consistent with this, but 5-6 hrs of sleep per night is beginning to chip away again.

But there's no way I can sleep in, not now.  Early mornings are mostly decent still, just in the low 20s.  When I get done before 7:30 or 8, I don't feel too uncomfortable, even though we may be going through a mini-heatwave--I remember constant highs around 30-32C last summer, but this week is more of a cooker: 36, 37, 36, 36, 34, 34, 34, 34...maybe last year was "cool" and 34 C is the typical high for summer?  As long as it keeps dropping below 25 C at night, I'll try not to whine too much.

Meanwhile, the familial tussle over the A/C continues.  My husband tolerates 74 or 75 F (23-24 C), which is reasonable but still kind of cold, so I push that bad boy up to 26-27 C when he's out.  I would leave it higher, but then the dogs start panting.   Me, I'm actually starting to feel acclimatized!

No comments: