Sunday, June 29, 2014

~

Yesterday: 40 min hilly run with #1, during which we were tailed by two dogs for 1/3 of a mile...that might be a new record!  And then we took #2 into town for a few hours, and I failed to have chest/arm day, but that's ok.  Of my three workouts, that's the least important one, and I hit the other two twice during the week, plus an ab workout (planks and pike situps).

Today: 1.5 hrs in the forest with #1, but not much more than 1 hr of that was running.  The weather felt amazing, probably because it magically got down to 17 C during the night.  I couldn't believe it.  The lows have consistently been 21-22C...those missing few degrees really make a difference.  We rolled around on a different route, and then, shortly after we went down a fire road I've rarely used, I experienced one of those thrilling moments when recognition suddenly snaps into place.   I felt like one of my illiterate nomadic ancestors, trudging into a new territory, checking it out, getting lost, starting to despair--and then, suddenly, finding a stream or a rock that is familiar and close to the camp.  RElief!!

Unfortunately, I also felt like the antagonist of a zombie thriller.  I tripped several times, my legs were heavy, my abdomen was crampy...whatever.   I enjoyed the weather: I did not waste it.  I even did an extra set of shoulder exercises in the garage because it wasn't as warm as usual.

No comments: