Wednesday, March 26, 2014

~

After a couple of easy days, I did another VO2 max workout this morning.

6 X 2.5 minutes, with 2 minutes rest.  The pace should have been a slight touch faster, I think, but I'm still getting used to the TM and the biomechanics at that speed.  My treadmill is narrower and shakier than others I've used (but it was FREEE!!!) and once I go past 8 mph, it feels iffy.  Weirdly stiff biomechanics, however, is an easier fix.  I should warm up more next time.

At any rate, I found an effective accompaniment to the workout: trance music and footage of a race at the same time.  The first is simple, the second kind of complicated.  I prefer road races to track races.  Unfortunately, it's easier to find track race footage.  When I type in "road race running replay" or whatever, I get horses and motorcross.  :/  Fortunately, I don't actually pay much attention to the race footage during faster intervals--it's more there for good vibes and atmos--so I can reuse it!  At any rate, the videos and music make these intervals much more bearable.  I used to despise VO2 max workouts, especially on treadmills.  The seconds actually stalled at times; I felt like I was approaching the speed of light or otherwise transcending the bounds of space and matter in the suckiest way possible.

Not any more!  Mind you, there is a big difference between 2.5 minutes and 4...we'll see how I'm feeling then.

After running, I did resistance exercises.

No comments: