Friday, February 7, 2014

Sochi

I could write about how my 50 minute run today was kind of blah, but some runs are like that.  Some days, I feel back to normal, but on other days, I still feel drained.  I suppose recovery will take a while to be fully complete.

Instead, I'd rather consider another divertissement: Sochi.  There are the ethical issues including the persecution of homosexuals, the corruption, the iffy construction, the bathroom oddities--I guess Russia doesn't have as much media control as China, which is a good thing--and then there are the puppies.

I don't even know what the official mascots of Sochi are, if there are any; I've been captivated by the stray dogs instead.  I could link a dozen adorable photos. 

And yet I don't like the loose dogs here!  Why are the Sochi dogs more appealing?  Is it that they look smarter, and more polite, and that they're on another continent?


No comments: