Saturday, August 3, 2013

no Z

Music for Airports

But I'm blasting something with a faster beat right now because I'm pulling a prior-to-6-am-flight all-nighter on the YEG Observation Deck--which I highly recommend--because Air Canada won't check my bag for another couple of hours.  And, really, their rep was crankeeee about it.  I didn't know!  I'd pounded my water and protein shake prior to security for nothing!

This followed a really fun random evening.  My staid, 21-day Hound advance ticket purchase plans were eroded by an invitation to a blues concert.  This didn't pan out, so I tagged along to the mall:  WEST ED.  Among its other glories was a Wild West saloon markmanship booth.  I swear the laser pointer was a bit off, but I got 60% on my second and final try--I had to walk away before I got gripped too tightly.  Oh, obsession!

So, anyway, I'm now on the Observation Deck by day and napground by night.  There are nearly a dozen of us stretched out on the carpet.  It's highly comfortable.  This is the best transit overnight I've had yet, and I'm almost as pro as it gets with this sort of thing. 

I don't wish to procrastinate my report writing too much, but I'm headed to a place without internet.  Will I not lift a finger all week?  Or will I treat my muscle children with respect?  I have trails, a lake, (hopefully) good weather, and gravity at my disposal.

No comments: