Wednesday, August 28, 2013

~

Woke up at 4:30, ran at 6:30.  Just 3.5 miles or so with the dog.

On the way back, a loose German Shepherd ran up to us.  It was a fright at first, because all I knew was that there was a large dog coming at us, and then it showed up, barking and snarling.  We stopped running (no way I can outrun such a dog; it's better to stop and face it) and my dog put up his hackles.  By that point, I knew things were cool.

Yeah, because a German Shepherd usually does a certain thing very well.  My dog has a similar guard dog temperament.  The boundary has to remain inviolate by all parties.  And fortunately, in this case, the boundary was a couple of metres off the road.  Maybe there was an invisible fence, but a good and well-trained GS shouldn't need one, I think.  Anyway, everybody quickly came to an understanding, we were just passing by, and we were good.  My dog knew his place and it knew its.  That's how it should be!  It continued to bark, but it didn't come closer. 

Anyway, back in the garage, I did arms today:

Dumbbell bench press
Dumbbell flies
7-7-7 bicep curl with dumbbells OR EZ curl bar
Straight Arm dumbbell pullover
Tricep dips (still on the bench)
Standing dumbbell tricep extension
Seated Bent-Over Two-Arm Seated Dumbbell Tricep Extension
Dip station stuff--once I can actually do a legit tricep dip on it, I'm moving off the bench
pushups
situps

Have I written about my almost very first one-armed pushup?  It was on a grassy knoll in Montreal.  I took the easy slope, head up, so it doesn't quite count, but I did a one-armed pushup with my left arm.   It was a bizarre feeling.  A big physical block, and an even bigger mental one: something's wrong, where did the other half go, etc.  There was a solid moment of oh, shit.  But it was very thrilling once I pushed through it and got up.  I even didn't think to balance things with a right arm attempt.

I haven't tried since.  Don't want to burst the bubble quite yet.


No comments: