Wednesday, August 21, 2013

recap

Monday: fun 17 km run with an old running friend up into the hills.  The elevation wasn't bad, the weather a bit warm but not unduly, but my new fuel belt was a bust.  I begged off after 17 km.  Total I ran was about 18 km.

Tuesday: don't remember!  Short and easy, or nothing.

Wednesday: fun run (distance? time?) with Gaz including a faster ~1 km interval to get ahead of a group doing some sort of interval training involving a whole lot of annoying yelling.  Hey, it's all cool, and good impetus to bust a move outta there.  Anyway, it was swell having a chat with Gaz about all sorts of things including how people smell.  It's true.  I don't really smell people over here because hardly anyone is around working out, but when I returned to my downtown neighbourhood with plenty of other amateur athletes, and heaps of people in general, I was overwhelmed by human odours.  Not necessarily bad, just present.  And probably useful at some subconscious level.

Thurs: don't remember! ditto

Fri: don't remember! ditto.  I remember running the bridges one day, but I can't remember when!

Sat: 1/2 hour run in downtown Montreal.  Wanted to go for an hour, but slept in, and there was a time constraint: accompanying my cousin to an international Paralympic swimming competition later that morning.

Sun: a somewhat monster fun run including about 14 km with another old running friend.  Total: 36 km.  I stupidly forgot to bring my gels, but my protein shake prior to the run sustained me.  Sadly, the expected quickie mart type place enroute is now closed, but my friend gave me half of her Lara Bar, and then we headed back to better options.  I had my favourite juice blend (beet, ginger, apple, ?, but it's so refreshing and goes down quickly mid-run) at my favourite juice bar in the Market, and a while later, I bought lemonade from a kid who had set up shop next to the road. 

My legs started to tire about this point, but I was able to pick up the pace a bit to end it sooner.  This also happened during my Calgary long run.  I suspect that I'm not actually going faster, merely not slowing down anymore.   At any rate, the last stretch went by relatively quickly, and then, at the very end of my run, I found a lady with a popsicle cart.  Perfect.  Triumphant Orange Creamsicle! 

Monday: travel.  And now I'm back South sweating off the balls I don't even have. 

Tues: walk.  It was foggy and pretty, but so humid that my breathing was constrained.   However, I hope to attempt a run tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I did an arm workout.  Just two sets.  It's been a while, and I feel it!  My power clean has suffered most of all.  It feels completely new again.

No comments: