Sunday, August 25, 2013

back on the wagon

Finally went on a run.  75 minutes with my husband and the dog, and it didn't feel too hot.  I've been having breathing issues, sort of the same knot in my chest I had in Kansas.  So I guess there's something in the air here too.  Yay.  But it wasn't bad today.

After the run, I did legs.  Pared it down:

squats (5X)
calves (5X)
goblet squats (5X)
deadlifts (5X)
clamshells (15X)
pushups (15X)
situps (25X)

I did front squats with the EZ bar.  This works a lot better than using dumbbells. Easier on my shoulders, and harder on my quads because I can squat more deeply  True, I used a lighter weight because I still have to get used to the movement.  Cleaning the weight isn't a problem, nor is holding it because it mostly rests on my shoulders, but getting it back down is a trick!

No comments: