Thursday, April 7, 2011

spring thaw

Summer started early this year: we went south for a week. The heat was not pleasant at first but I definitely got a lot of Vitamin C (miss the grapefruits especially) and D. I ran, not as much as usual, but it was hard. But it was a good vacation. We saw manatees!

Fortunately, we came back to less snow than before. And today was about 9C and sunny and the path by the river was clear. There couldn't have been an easier entrance back into running here. We were right in that window between lots of snow and lots of goose poop. The dog and I jogged about 10 miles. I'm feeling a bit heart-tired--SVT kicked up somewhat due to the heat and the car (I'm not sure why, but sometimes longer trips in the car is a trigger--static electricity?). Also, I couldn't entirely avoid wheat in a shared kitchen; I got a bit run down from that too and maybe that also invites SVT. No big bouts since the op, of course, but during the trip I had a bunch of tiny ones, almost too small to notice. Usually I have one every month or so, but there were a bunch on this trip and I noticed a bit of fatigue on the run. I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

This is definitely not going to be a 50 mile week, but I should get past 40, at least!

No comments: