Thursday, April 14, 2011

speedwork

Yesterday's speed workout was 5 X 1 mile, all at about 7:20ish. This was about a minute/mile slower than when I did mile repeats two springs ago, and 10 seconds/mile slower than last spring, but it was easier too pace-wise. And harder workout-wise because I did 5 repeats this year and not 3. I think it was pretty close to tempo effort--it helped me a lot to run with a group of women rather than push myself too hard on my own. There were six of us. It was a party!

Then I did weights (legs).

My legs didn't feel too bad this morning; the dog and I jogged almost 3 miles. I tried to slip into a true recovery run zone this morning because I haven't in a while, and I need to, especially if I'm going to get through three hard weeks in prep for NCM. We managed to take things seriously easy, and I felt refreshed by the end of it. I might run with my husband tonight, will see.

No comments: